Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome! Please note... the posts following this are copied/pasted from my previous doula blog. Although I moved sites I did not want to lose content. Please feel free to visit me here at the new site where I hope to be a bit more active in my writing.

This is just the beginning, but I am so excited. For the past 22 years I have been serving pregnant women in a variety of ways. Currently I am completing my doula certification through CBI After my certification is completed I hope to fully open my business "Positive Approach to Childbirth", this will include birthing classes, refresher classes, private classes, and doula services.

If you are looking for any of these services, or simply for some information, please leave a comment. If you’re in my area I’ll be happy to help you if I’m able. If you’re nowhere near I’ll see what tools I can find to help you locate who/what you need.

I hope to post things such as my birthing philosophy, tips from past classes I have taught, helps that I have learned along the way, and most importantly, why I think many, if not most, women would benefit from having a doula present at their birth.

For the time being let me just say welcome, and please continue to check in. Even if I don’t post, just comment and ask a question. Remember 22 years of experience: teaching, birth assisting, La Leche League Leader, ASPO/Lamaze educator, and now a CBI student.

Happy Birthing!, Kim

1 comment:

Diane Mars said...

Kim, Thanks for stopping by my Blog, and just how neat is that a Doula! I was in during my daughters delivery to her Baby girl Amelie, and my niece was there coaching and we called her the Doula. It was a beautiful natural process. Too many doctors op for c-sections I don't believe each case really required that!
Keep in touch. Hugs, Diane